Molded eggs and pasta x 2
It was time to break out the egg molds again — my son squealed, “pig!” and “cow!” when he saw these lunches this morning. EDIT: At the park today a 3-year-old Japanese girl was playing with my son, checked out today’s bento, and announced that the eggs were cute (kawaii). So I guess we pass the J preschooler test!
- egg molded with ice cream sandwich molds from Williams Sonoma (old tutorial here), dyed pink, using red hanaebi for eyes/nose
- shell pasta and cheese, with sauteed bell pepper, kabocha, tomatoes, chicken and green onions
- watermelon & fresh green figs
My son’s lunch adds a mini banana and tiny red grapes.
- No egg or onigiri molds? Use ice cream sandwich molds instead
- Need for speed: A mommyâ€™s lunch manifesto
- Food safety for packed lunches
- How to pack a bento lunch and use â€œgap fillersâ€
- Choosing the right size bento box
- Biggieâ€™s list of top speed tips, tutorials and equipment reviews