Barbequed brisket lunch
Well, my husband’s back to work (no more jury duty) but my son is sick at home — so we’re down to one adult bento today. Happily, we spent yesterday making Texas barbeque, so plenty of leftovers made with care. There was homemade potato salad as well, but putting a cold mayo dish in the thermal lunch jar with warm dishes seemed like a fast ticket to the emergency room.
- barbequed brisket — my husband’s pride and joy (cooked for 10 hours or so) Lined the bowl with Press N Seal so as not to damage the bowl when I nuked it.
- barbequed beans (cooked for 5.5 hours)
- homemade cole slaw
- Texas toast (with containers of homemade barbeque sauce for the brisket)
- Making an insulated “flowerpot smoker” and smoked burger lunches
- Need for speed: A mommyâ€™s lunch manifesto
- Food safety for packed lunches
- How to pack a bento lunch and use â€œgap fillersâ€
- Choosing the right size bento box
- Biggieâ€™s list of top speed tips, tutorials and equipment reviews