North Carolina pulled pork sandwich
Spent Sunday smoking a couple of pork butts on our kludged-together flowerpot smoker for pulled pork sandwiches. All packed in my Nissan Stainless thermal lunch jar to keep the cole slaw fresh and cool.
- bun cut to fit the container
- homemade pulled pork, smoked for 15 hours
- vinegar hot sauce for the pork
- homemade buttermilk coleslaw
- blackberries and “mango nectarines” — a new kind of nectarine with a slight taste/texture of mangos (quite good!)
Here’s the pork shoulder on the smoker.
Insulated smoker kludged together from flower pots and an electric coil burner a la Alton Brown’s Good Eats — our first smoker (details here). We’re looking at getting a proper smoker now that we’re really into it.
- Flowerpot smoker details, and smoked hamburger lunches
- Need for speed: A mommyâ€™s lunch manifesto
- Food safety for packed lunches
- How to pack a bento lunch and use â€œgap fillersâ€
- Choosing the right size bento box
- Biggieâ€™s list of top speed tips, tutorials and equipment reviews